Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Welcome baby Dax

Well, after coming back in on Friday with some good news about my protein levels and blood pressure, I was relieved. Relieved that everything was looking good with momma and baby and Dave was able to go on his golf trip. Able to go on his golf trip until early Monday morning, that is ... Since my water broke at 3:45am.

If you're a boy and a little squeamish about girl parts, you'll probably wanna stop reading. I may throw in the word VAGINA VAGINA VAGINA! :)

As I do the usual tossing and turning in bed at night, I woke up feeling like I had to go to the bathroom (weird right, since I have a bladder the size of a walnut anyway and now a baby full of piss and vinegar pushing down on it). Only this felt a little different, I felt a little bit leaking out from, well... where it shouldn't be if it's urine. So I immediately thought, PLEASE DON'T BE MY WATER. (Did I forget to tell you that it's Monday, 3:45am...Dave is supposed to leave for the ProAm at noon.) I get out of bed and go to the bathroom, do my business and still feel that small dribble coming from where it shouldn't be. I start crying (weird, I know), I silently pray,"Please don't be my water!" I flush, stand up and go to walk to the sink and like the smashing of a water balloon...my water breaks all over the bathroom floor! I flip on the light, grab a towel, sit back on the potty and cry! I didn't know what or how to tell Dave. I couldn't believe it, the day he is supposed to leave? I stand up, I leak more (sexy, I know), I repeat about 4 more times. By this time, I figure Dave probably has seen the light on and was wondering what was going on. I walk out to the bedroom, tears streaming down my face...he looks at me and says; "Are you serious?" I say, "I'm so sorry, honey," through the tears. He jumps out of bed laughing (sort of) and says, "honey, it's alright". I still feel horrible and I know he is only saying that because he doesn't want me to worry and escalate my BP.

Fast forward to the hospital: 

We get there, tell the Doc about my water, tells me that because the fluid was greenish/brown...baby pooped in the amniotic fluid. Note: First set of 4 ppl (team 1) that has to be in the room when I deliver. No biggy. I'm dilated to a 3, 75% effaced and baby is in -1 position.

Fast forward to being admitted (or committed however you wanna look at it):

They start me on Pitocin to get the ball rolling since my water has broken and I am only having mild contractions. Sweet, my fears are starting to come true, the dreaded Pit. It's 7am. Once my contractions start to get a little more intense, I ask my nurse if I would be a wuss if I asked for my epidural now. I tell her my reoccurring nightmare is that I don't get my epidural in time or it wears off too soon. She says 'honey, you can ask for it whenever you want and we'll make sure it doesn't wear off, don't worry about that". I decide to wait...billiant idea, I cant believe I'm not President. She ups my drip, it's 8:05. They become more intense and closer, I ask for my epidural. Anestesialogist team comes in to give me my Epi shortly thereafter. As they are prepping everything my contractions are getting pretty strong and I happen to look down at the IV in my hand... my arm is blowing up where they stuck me for my IV. Sweet. I ask the nurse if this is normal, she of course says no... Dah. I ain't no med student but I figured that out. She calls one of the anesthesiologist over, they stab me in the other hand and get me all set back up on the Pit. Did I happen to mention that my nurse had been upping my drip since it seemed my progress was a little slow? Note: the kink in my hand that blew up my hand under my IV. Lots a Pit going in the new IV, Epi not in yet. 9:00am, Epi in...strong contractions, continued high blood pressure, creeping higher, waiting game for the Epi to work. Contractions right on top of one another, extremely intense pain, dilated to an 8 with the urge to push, severely high BP, oxygen mask on, baby's heart rate falls, flip to left side, falls lower, flip to right, falls even lower, flip back to left, heart rate same, on hands and knees. Now, I cant think of anything more humbling then having your bare ass sticking out in the center of the room with 4 different teams of Dr.'s, which includes 4-5 ppl on each team! They stab me in the arm with something to slow my contractions. Baby likes my position, heart rate, semi stabilizes until the Dr. checks me and tells me to push. I was like, wtf? Like this? Oh, my epidural has not kicked in yet. This is awesome. Thank god for Yoga, otherwise I would be dead! I start to push, baby's heart rate drops. "Get the forceps", I hear. F***! No way, it ain't happening. Then I hear, "cord is wrapped"! On my back they put me, remove the end of the bed in the speed of a hiccup and "PUSH", is all I hear. Third contraction like this, I feel my Epi kicking in. Fourth contraction baby is out! Good thing I got that Epidural. Ah, but at least I have no pain after delivery...see, there is a plus side to everything. 

Baby Dax Bennett Tangren born at 10:31am, July 8, 2013, weighing in at the "same size as Gabby, plus 5oz. for his wiener". (6lbs 5oz.)

Mom and baby both doing well, baby may be a bit Jaundice...will know soon. My BP making is way back down. I kicked Dave outta the hospital about 3... He's golfing in the scramble right now. Everything worked out well. Hoping that baby and momma go home today, 20 minutes of sleep in a strange place with random noises and being a light sleeper is a good night away from home. Not looking forward to repeating tonight. 

5 comments:

  1. My eyes have tears! Thank God Dax is OK!! So happy for you! Congrats! If you need something let me know!
    Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Congrats to you both. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was married to my beloved husband and we loved and cherished ourselves for good 2years and every thing was going on smoothly but april 5, 2013 we both had misunderstanding and he told me that the relationship is over and that he is fed up with me and I begged him because I love him so much but he refused me I was so down cast and I felt the world has come to an end for me but my friend told me about a spell caster that helped her sister out in getting her relationship back, a good job and favor in any of her endeavor but at first I was scared but I have to give this man a trial because I love my husband very much and I am not willing to loose him to any woman, so I ordered returning love spell from this great spell caster that made me a happy woman again to say it all my husband came back to me with much love and a caring heart...i am testifying to this great spell caster of Ishvara temple you are a great man in this world and you mean so much to me you are the best spell caster that i have ever hear off in all website contact this man via this email if you really need to get your problems solve ishvaratemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Sheila! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Baby Dax!

    ReplyDelete